Monday, January 2, 2012

Well, Its 3am. And I cannot sleep.

I leave officially in 2 weeks and I gotta say I'm starting to get nervous. I'm starting to not be able to sleep, and when I do finally get to sleep it's later than 3am and I end up sleeping until noon every morning. I'm super excited to embark on this voyage, and I can only guess the impact it will have on my day to day life starting May 2nd when I get back. I've realized though, that it's already changed me some. I've grown a lot already, and I've really realized the privilege that I have. I'm one lucky son of a bitch that I can make this opportunity come into fruition. But planning it is only one half, nay, likely less than a quarter of the experience I will have. I've never really been off the North American Continent… Sure I've been to some islands off the coast on cruises, and a couple places in Central America on cruises, but this is going to be life changing. I hope that my reservations don't get the best of me. I hope to come alive next semester. I hope I can meet some great people. People who push each other into situations they wouldn't normally be in. I spend my nights laying awake right now, dreaming of something I never thought would actually happen, and alas, it will happen, and I will do everything I can to make it that story that gets told at weddings, family get togethers, and that someday my kids will tire of my stories from this voyage.

 

I'm excited guys,

Matt Schnitzler.

No comments:

Post a Comment