Friday, January 20, 2012

Well today was pretty boring, all we did was orientation stuff. I guess a bunch of students had messed up passports, so we ended up taking off of Nassau at noon only to return at 6ish finally leaving at right around 8 I believe.

The ship is about what I expected, but the rocking back and forth is way more than anticipated. I haven’t really gotten seasick at all, but I have bumped into my fair share of walls. It’s really weird not having internet, but it’s kinda nice at the same time. I’ve met a ton of people, almost an overwhelming amount. I’ve probably met right around 200 kids since I have gotten on board, which is crazy. I have an 8am class tomorrow which is the first time I’ve had one of those in college, but I’ve been up pretty early every day so far so it shouldn’t be too hard at all. Some of these kids are crazy, some are super mellow a little socially awkward, and a lot have their shit together and make me feel inadequate, so that’s kinda interesting.  Its weird going from kind of a big fish in a small pond at CSU to a small fish in a huge pond as far as people go.  2 days down, 103 to go. Email me at Mathew.Schnitzler.S12@semesteratsea.org!

 

Til Later days,

Matt Schnitzler

No comments:

Post a Comment