Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So this is pretty weird to me. 7:16 and I just watched the end of a sunrise over the ocean... I'm a Colorado kid, I don't see that everyday!! But I guess that will be the new norm... Not only the ocean, but waking up to see the sunrise on most occasions. 
My day of travel went pretty good, but seeing how we went out right as we got in yesterday, I'm still battling back to get back at those 3 hours I slept the night before I napped. I've always kind of wondered why Colorado is such a popular state for semester at sea kids to come from, but I think I've finally figured it out. I as well as many people who have grown up understand the amazingness that is Colorado, and I want to live there for the rest of my life. But there's something alluring about the ocean. I can't put my finger on it, but it's pretty cool to wake up, look outside and see a cruise ship heading in. It will be awesome to do this all semester.
A good friend told me to never resist the urge to blog. And the write with the most detail that I can and, although I'm not really a writer, when you wake up to something like this for the first time it's hard not to tell someone. I board tomorrow and I gotta say I am excited to get on board my new home for 4 months the MV Explorer. 

 -Matt Schnitzler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment