Sunday, January 22, 2012

So I believe today is day 3. I feel like I’ve been on this boat forever! We passed an island today while I was working out, so that was pretty neat. Working in IT has been pretty rough these last couple of days trying to get everyone set up… I’ve worked at least 2 times as long as I was told I would, and I feel like I’ve missed out on meeting a lot of people at times, but other times I look at some of the people I haven’t met and think I’ve met a lot of good people so far.

Its still pretty surreal, The thing I miss most (minus family, friends, and all that of course) is a decent gym. Everything on board is sooooo dirty! But I guess that’s something I will have to deal with. Tomorrow we get to Dominica, I’m going on a whale and dolphin safari in the morning, but I have the rest of that day and the following day to try and figure out. I guess Dominica is full of awesome waterfalls, so I may try to find one of those with some people, I think a group of us is going to plan on working stuff out and planning tonight at dinner, so that will be nice.

I’ve got a ton to read already, and I personally like to read in a more private place to focus, but I hate being cooped up in my room while I could be out meeting and talking to people, but I guess that’s kinda how school works back home, Homework always sucks, even if you’re doing it in the middle of the ocean while traveling 20 knots. If anyone knows how fast that is in MPH let me know, it feels like we are flying!

That’s the update for now! I probably will toss up a blog after Dominica!

Much Love,

Matt Schnitzler

 

No comments:

Post a Comment